See what I did there ;)
I came up with this recipe with a longing of eating something warm in this 0° weather; and also because of the lack of food in our house. This is just the easy lunch or dinner you need to warm you up, and it only has SIX ingredients (no, salt, pepper and coconut oil NEVER count).
So, let’s get started!
1 carrot, cut into half-moons
½ a yellow or white onion, diced
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 chicken breast, sliced thinly into small strips
1 ½ cups chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat coconut oil over a medium heat and add in the carrot, onion, and garlic. Sautee for about 5 minutes.
2. Add in your celery and cook for about two more minutes
3. Add your sliced chicken in with your veggies and season with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is no longer pink.
4. In a soup pan, add your chicken broth and your sautéed chicken and veggies. Add in desired amount of salt and pepper.
5. Cover and simmer for about 10-20 minutes.
6. Let cool before eating-or else you will burn your tongue like I did!
Question of the Day: “What is the weather like now where you live?
~FFRREEZZIINNGG! If you need me, I’ll be sitting by the fire eating this soup ;)