Oh, I just know you are all so ecstatic; as you have been anxiously waiting for me to post and have worried that I may have dropped off the face of the earth.
Anyways, I apologize for not being consistent with my posting. I have been quite busy this summer (the good kind of busy), and I hope you are able to say the same. Now that I am home from staying with dear friends in California, I hope to be more diligent with my recipe development and blogging.
Now, where was I? Oh yes, the recipe!
The world was against me in my hopes of throwing this dish together. My original idea for the recipe was to use bacon, not sausage. But upon visiting two of my grocery stores, neither one of them had organic bacon! Gasp, no bacon!
So, what to do next? I decided to use the next best thing: chorizo sausage.
At the beginning of last week, we received a nice bag of green beans, grown fresh from my sister’s garden. When it came time to test my recipe out, I pulled the green beans out of the bag, and what do you know? They had gone bad!
Needless to say, I was bummed….at least we did get to go out and get Mexican food, in lieu of the rotten green beans.
And finally, after going back to the grocery store to buy some fresh green beans last night, I was now ready to attempt this ridiculously easy side dish. Here it is!
1 lb. green beans
1 tbsp. avocado oil
1 link (4 oz.) chorizo pork sausage, sliced thin and into quarters
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. paprika
½ tsp. sea salt
Ground black pepper, to taste.
1. Preheat your oven to 450° F.
2. Combine green beans and chorizo in a large bowl and stir in avocado oil.
3. To the beans and sausage, add your paprika, sea salt, minced garlic, and pepper and mix well.
4. Spread out on a large baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
5. Then, to get a nice char on your green beans, broil quick for 4 minutes, checking to make sure that they don’t burn.
6. Remove from oven and enjoy while warm!
Question of the Day: “How are you keeping busy this summer?”
~From vacations, dancing, pageants, to just having fun, I have definitely had enough to do this season! :)