What do you do when you have a couple of really ripe, brown bananas sitting on your counter? Make banana bread, of course!
My version of banana bread is super moist and sweet, and it’s jazzed up with some fresh, sliced strawberries for an extra fruity and sweet taste. Besides, who doesn’t love strawberries?
What’s really funny is that I hate bananas. I cannot eat them plain, as the texture just grosses me out. But, I really love baking and cooking with bananas because they give the dish a natural sweetness, and also make a great replacement for tons of oil in a baked good by giving it the moist texture that oil and butter tends to give it.
So, pick up those browning bananas and make up a loaf! It makes for a great snack when you want something sweet and fruity!
Makes 1 loaf (9×5 in. bread pan)
1 cup almond flour
¼ cup coconut flour
¼ cup tapioca flour/starch
3 brown and ripe bananas, mashed (I like to use the food processor for mashing)
½ fresh strawberries, sliced
2 tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
Pinch of sea salt
Coconut oil or parchment paper
1. Preheat your oven to 350° F.
2. Combine all dry ingredients: Almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk your eggs and add in the vanilla extract and mashed bananas. Mix well.
4. Add your wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Add in your sliced strawberries and stir.
6. Line a 9×5 inch bread loaf pan with parchment paper or grease well with coconut oil.
7. Add your strawberry banana bread mixture into the pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a wooden toothpick comes out clean.
8. Let cool, then slice and eat! It tastes best while it is still warm!
•The riper your bananas are, the sweeter your strawberry banana bread will be!
•If you prefer a much sweeter bread, add 2 tbsp. of either maple syrup, honey, or coconut sugar.
Question of the Day: “Do you like bananas?”