Nothing says summer quite like a tall glass of lemonade…wouldn’t you agree?
Something about sipping on the sweet and tangy cold beverage from an icy glass on a hot summer’s day just gives the perfect picturesque description of what summer looks like.
Sigh…luckily, those warm, summer days are approaching us, and what better way to celebrate than with a pitcher of sparkling strawberry lemonade.
This beverage reminds me very much so of those Strawberry Limeades I’m sure we all have had from Sonic Drive-In. Those sugary drinks were a weekly staple in my summer’s years ago.
But what if I told you that I thought that this drink was better than Sonic’s legendary Strawberry Limeades? Would you believe me?
I hope you would, because I think it is….
Red and ripe strawberries form a sweet puree that is combined with freshly squeezed lemon juice and cold seltzer water is what forms this sparkling drink. It is ever-so-slightly sweetened with stevia, so the only sugar here is that which naturally occurs in the strawberries. That makes for a refreshment that is perfect for anyone!
So refreshing and sweet, if I could dub any beverage the national drink of summer, this would sure be it.
For the strawberry puree:
1 lb. fresh strawberries, hulled
2 tbsp. water
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. stevia
1. Add hulled strawberries and the rest of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until pureed well.
2. Cover and refrigerate until needed for the lemonade.
For the Sparkling Lemonade:
1 whole batch of the strawberry puree
4 cups cold seltzer water
1 cup fresh lemon juice
½ cup warm water
1 tbsp. powdered stevia
1. In a large pitcher, combine the ½ cup of warm water and 1 tbsp. stevia. Mix well.
2. Stir in lemon juice, seltzer water, and finally, the strawberry puree.
3. Pour into a glass over ice and sip with a bendy straw. Enjoy!
Question of the day: “Regular or pink lemonade?”
~Think pink! 😉